Play Texas Holdem Poker and Hold 'em Strategies and Tips
Texas Holdem Poker, How to play Texas Holdem Poker for Free and Strategies and Tips when playing
Internet is one of the best resources if you need to go through Texas Hold’em Strategy and tips to play the game more effectively. There are a number of articles that beginners can make use of for playing the game. Apart from this, there are a number of articles that prove as best guidelines for professional players. In this article I have tried to cover everything starting from Basic to advanced version that most players can make use of to learn the game effectively.
Texas Hold’em Strategy – Tips for new players and Pros
When playing Texas Hold’em poker, there are a number of basic strategies that any player can make use of to beat his opponent at the table. You just have to keep in mind that internet is plethora of such strategies, but for most players everything might just not work well. It is advisable that any new player should in fact start with low limit game. The moment you gain more experience you shall find that implementing new strategies is very much easy for you. You always have to try and develop strategy that might help in beating other players. When playing low limit game, beating can never be an easy task for any new player. You certainly can go through a number of guidelines available online for this purpose.
So the moment you are playing Texas Hold’em Poker it is important that you understand why do few players win while other loose when playing this game. The fact is that each and every player is dealt with similar number of cards, but few are lucky and get cards that are strong as compared to others who are not so lucky. But you have to keep in mind that any player can get lucky the moment you feel that playing poker is like investing money in your business, where you have to expect better returns. When playing this game it is important that you calculate all possible risk factor. This is one way you can increase your chance of winning.
You just have to keep in mind that when playing Texas Hold’em poker, there is possibility that you might get to experience miracle occasionally. Besides, if you want to be a winning player, then it is important that you understand the hands that you have to play.
It is important that you play hands that can help you win this game. You just have to keep in mind that Texas Hold’em is a game that involves a lot of strategies that can help you win. If you want to be a good poker player then it is important that you should be able to play different types of poker hands against different players in each type of poker room online or offline.
Texas Hold’em Poker Hand Categories Players Make Use Of
Lets us make things simple by trying to break down different types of poker hands, so understanding them might in fact be very much simple, as this article is meant for new players. When playing the Low limit Texas Hold’em poker, there are three main hand categories.
- Big Pair
- Milking Hands
Here is a brief understanding of each type.
Big pair – this is also referred as Top pair and in general high cards make up this pair like Ace, King, Queen or Jack. Examples of such pairs are AK, QQ, or even AQ. When playing such hands, player might have to try and defend his position the moment all other players are simply trying their level best to beat you. It is important that you try and raise the pot value so you can benefit more from such hands. When playing such hands you just have to keep in mind that you have better chances of winning even if players are long shots or early shots. This is always one of the best options to play Texas Hold’em as only a few players can in fact make it against you.
Draws – This is a type of hands that needs a few cards so it can improve its value. So there are chances that you might be able to make straight, flush, or even pairs. The moment you form a straight you are sure that you are holding a winning hand. You also have to keep in mind that draws generally hit very much infrequently so they just have the power to favor most players.
Milking Hands – these are hands that any player would like to hold very often but these are also very much rare appearing hands. Such hands are generally formed the moment two for two pairs or any thing that is counted higher than this. So if you are a player who wants to win Texas Hold’em poker then there can be nothing better than this hand. You also have to keep in mind that these hands can always help you draw more money from your opponents. Slow play is one best strategy that you can make use of when playing this hand.
Key Factors When playing these poker hands
When playing any of these hands there are more chances that any new player can in fact make better win.
When playing poker, it is important that you understand the position as they always play a major role in your win. One of the main advantages of being a last player is that you can always see what other players are play. If you are the best player, then it is obvious that you might in fact play a very tight game as first player. So if you are concerned about your starting hand, then it is important that you play a tight game. It is advisable to observe a few rounds before playing a very lose game.
General Texas Hold’em Game Play
Texas Hold’em poker is a game that is considered as high card game play. Player who is having best hand has better chance of winning after flop. Strong hands have a chance to call for raise or even re-raise. If you get a chance to experience flop then playing medium hand can be next in row. The moment you get a strong hand it is advisable to play it aggressively. The moment you are not able to reduce competition then there are chances that you might have to fold early. So if you face too much of action in the game play then it is advisable to try and fold, even if you are having strong hand.
- High card pairs – a pair of A’s, K’s, Q’s, J’s and 10’s.
- Ace & High value cards- AK, AQ, AJ and A10.
- Suits (Face) – KQ, QJ and KJ.
- Ace King – AK.
- Face 10 suit- K10, Q10 and J10
- Medium- a pair of 9’s, 8’s and 7’s.
- Two high value cards- AJ, AQ and A10, J10 and KQ.
- Medium suits with Ace- A7, A8 and A9
- Medium Suits- J9, 109, 108, 98, 97 till 75.
Certain Special Tips and Strategies
- If you want to make more money in the pot then play pairs that are high value and hands that are strong before you actually flop. If you are holding straight then it is advisable to avoid drawing cards.
- Always keep in mind that low cards and unconnected mediums are cards that might in fact not pay high. If you are holding low pairs, then it is always advisable to start low like a pair of 6’s or 2’s.
- In case any player is holding draw that is two way after flop, it is best to play the game aggressively. After flop, it is advisable to bet if you are holding ace or high value cards.
- If you notice any uniform flops then it is best to keep a check on it. These types have the power to be transformed into straight easily. This is helpful in beating any good hand.
- If there are any suited flops then it is best to beware of them as they have the power to make a flush. If you are caught using bluff pattern in the game then it certainly might be hard for you to try and be very much unpredictable for other players. This is also one way in which you can in fact lose a few chips in the pot.
- Chances are that your weaker hands can get a call whereas your strong hands might not be able to fetch you enough money from other players.
- Texas Hold’em is a game in which you have to make use of best poker strategies so you can study each of your opponents. Always notice the time when your opponents fold, call for raise, flop or even raise the bets.
- It is also important that you study the bluff pattern of your opponents and the poker tells that they often make use of when playing the game.